City ​​Pictures

‘GOOD RIDDANCE!’ Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Are Branded A ‘LAUGHING STOCK’ As Neighbours Deliver A Brutal Verdict On The Sussexes Amid Reports The Couple Could Be Leaving California Behind

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Montecito Neighbours Deliver Harsh Verdict as Sussexes Prepare to Leave California for UK

Meghan Markle & Prince Harry 'Stopped Speaking' After Major Row — Source

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s reported return to Britain is already generating strong reactions thousands of miles away, with some of their neighbours in Montecito offering an unusually blunt response to the prospect of the Sussexes leaving California.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are reportedly preparing to relocate to the UK at the end of this month, six years after leaving Britain to build a new life in America. The couple are expected to live in a private, non-royal residence outside London, while their children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, have reportedly already been enrolled in British schools.

But as details of the move emerge, some Montecito residents have made it clear they will not be sorry to see the family go.

Montecito residents say “good riddance”

Good riddance!' say Montecito locals as they react to Harry and 'laughing  stock' Meghan's surprise move back to Britain

According to The Sun, local shop workers, dog walkers and other residents criticised Harry and Meghan’s presence in the wealthy California community, with some claiming the couple had isolated themselves both locally and elsewhere.

One resident, Jennifer, who previously worked at a shop regularly visited by Meghan, was particularly critical of the duchess.

“She became a laughing stock here because all she would do is steal other people’s looks and ideas,” she claimed.

Despite those harsh words, Jennifer also expressed some sympathy for the couple as they prepare for another major change in their lives.

“I feel sorry for them but hope they find happiness,” she said. “I feel they have ostracised themselves here and abroad. I fear for their future.”

Another local shop employee was even more direct about the reported departure.

“I’m glad they’re leaving. Good riddance,” the staff member told the outlet, before complaining that Meghan had spoken about Montecito’s Butterfly Beach on her show.

The resident also claimed Harry and Meghan stood out because of their security arrangements.

“They’re the only celebrities here who go around with bodyguards,” the person alleged, adding that other wealthy and famous residents could be seen moving around the community more casually.

The comments represent the views of individual residents quoted in the report rather than the wider Montecito community.

Harry and Meghan’s royal status reportedly will not change

Despite their expected return to Britain, Harry and Meghan are not believed to be heading back into official royal life.

Their status is understood to remain unchanged, meaning they will continue as private individuals and non-working members of the Royal Family.

The couple are also not expected to receive the “half-in-half-out” arrangement that became a major issue when they stepped away from senior royal duties in 2020.

King Charles was reportedly informed about the planned move on Sunday, just three days before the news became public. He is understood to welcome the possibility of spending more private time with Harry, Meghan and their children.

Neither Buckingham Palace nor Kensington Palace has publicly commented on the reported move.

A major change six years after leaving Britain

The Duke And Duchess Of Sussex Visit Australia - Day 4

Harry and Meghan’s return would mark another significant chapter for a family whose life has largely been based in California since their departure from frontline royal duties.

Montecito became the centre of their post-royal life, but according to the latest reports, their children are now preparing for school in Britain while Harry and Meghan establish a new home outside London.

For some of the neighbours quoted in the latest report, however, the reaction to their departure has been anything but sentimental — ranging from hopes that the couple will finally find happiness elsewhere to the far less diplomatic verdict: “Good riddance.”

Related Posts

Hold Your Horses — If You Haven’t Seen This 94%-Rated Netflix Western Yet, You’re Missing One of Benedict Cumberbatch’s Finest Performances

Benedict Cumberbatch’s Acclaimed Drama The Power of the Dog Is the Netflix Film to Watch This Weekend Nearly five years after its world premiere at the Venice International Film…

Erling Haaland Just Chopped off His Iconic Long Blonde Hair and the Reactions Are Pure Chaos

Erling Haaland Turns Heads With Dramatic New Haircut Ahead of Premier League Opener Erling Haaland has started the new Premier League season with a look that fans never…

William Is Furious! Prince of Wales Reportedly Closes Ranks With King Charles Over Harry and Meghan as Father and Son Present a United Front With No Sign of Backing Down

Prince William Reportedly “Completely United” With King Charles Over Harry and Meghan’s Royal Future as UK Return Reopens Family Tensions Prince William is reportedly standing firmly alongside King…

GOOD RIDDANCE!’ MONTECITO LOCALS HIT BACK AT HARRY & MEGHAN… Their UK Move Sparks BRUTAL Backlash! Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s reported UK move has triggered an unusually sharp reaction from some Montecito residents, with locals allegedly wasting little time making their feelings known. The Sussexes’ California chapter has already attracted intense scrutiny, but the reported response from people in their own community adds an even tougher twist to their departure. They may be heading back to Britain—but the welcome they leave behind in Montecito could be anything but warm

Harry and Meghan Face a Brutal Verdict From Montecito Neighbours as Sussexes Prepare to Leave California Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are preparing to leave the California community…

JUST 5 MINUTES AGO — Princess Anne Hits Back After Harry & Meghan’s UK BOMBSHELL… Her BRUTAL RESPONSE Has Royal Watchers STUNNED! Harry and Meghan’s reported return to Britain has reignited fierce debate around the Royal Family, but the spotlight has now shifted to Princess Anne and her reported reaction. Known for her famously direct approach, Anne’s response has attracted attention as questions grow over how the monarchy will handle the Sussexes’ renewed presence in Britain. No royal sugar-coating. No carefully polished answer. Just Anne’s reported reaction—and it could reveal exactly how she views Harry and Meghan’s comeback

Princess Anne’s Silent Response to Harry and Meghan’s UK Return Says More Than Any Palace Statement Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s decision to return to Britain has once…

William & Catherine Break Cover At Balmoral… Just As Harry & Meghan’s Uk Return Rocks The Family! William and Catherine have arrived at Balmoral with their three children as the Royal Family gathers for its annual Scottish retreat. Their appearance comes at a striking moment, with Harry and Meghan’s reported UK return placing fresh pressure on the family and raising questions about what happens when the Sussexes move closer again. One Balmoral arrival. One explosive Sussex development. And a royal reunion that suddenly feels very different

Prince William and Kate Arrive at Balmoral as Harry and Meghan’s UK Return Puts Royal Rift Back in Spotlight Prince William and Princess Kate have arrived at Balmoral…