City ​​Pictures

‘Charles Never Thought He’d See This Day!’ Harry and Meghan’s Bombshell Move Back to Britain With Archie and Lilibet Sparks a Stunning Reaction From the King After Years of Royal W.a.r

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Prepare for UK Return as King Charles Welcomes Chance for More Family Time

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex attend the 75th NBA All-Star Game at Intuit Dome on February 15, 2026 in Inglewood, California. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are preparing to return to the United Kingdom by the end of the month, marking a significant change for the Sussex family six years after they stepped away from royal duties and established their home in California.

HELLO! reports that King Charles was informed of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s plans on Sunday. The monarch is said to welcome the prospect of seeing Harry and his family more frequently, although those interactions will remain private and personal rather than part of official royal life.

Harry and Meghan will remain non-working royals

Despite their return to Britain, Harry and Meghan will continue to operate as private individuals and non-working members of the Royal Family.

Their status will remain consistent with the agreement reached following their departure from official duties in 2020. The couple have not been offered the “half-in, half-out” arrangement they initially hoped to pursue, combining independent careers with selected royal responsibilities.

Prince William and Princess Kate were also informed about the Sussexes’ decision.

Meanwhile, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet have reportedly already been enrolled in British schools ahead of the new term beginning in September.

Sussexes expected to establish a private home outside London

Prince Harry asks his family for reconciliation

Exactly where Harry and Meghan will live has not been disclosed, but they are understood to be planning to settle outside London in a private, non-royal residence.

Their move will not mean giving up their California base. The couple intend to retain their Montecito home, while Meghan is expected to continue running her lifestyle brand, As Ever, from Britain.

The arrangement represents a notable contrast with their previous life in the U.K., when they lived at Frogmore Cottage in Windsor.

Queen Elizabeth II gave the couple use of Frogmore Cottage following their wedding. However, after Harry published his memoir Spare in 2023, the Sussexes were asked to vacate the property.

Their new British residence will therefore give Harry and Meghan an independent base without returning them to accommodation on a royal estate.

Move follows Harry’s private meeting with King Charles

  Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex meet the public at the Sydney Opera House on October 16, 2018

News of the family’s return comes just over a month after Harry met his father privately at Highgrove House.

The meeting appears particularly significant given Harry’s repeated public comments about wanting to repair his relationship with his family.

Speaking to the BBC, the Duke previously said he “would love a reconciliation” following years of tension since his departure from royal life.

“There’s no point continuing to fight anymore, life is precious,” Harry said.

He also acknowledged his concerns about his father’s health, saying he did “not know how much longer my father has.”

The latest development suggests Harry will now have considerably more opportunities to spend time with Charles once his family is based in Britain.

Harry previously showed interest in returning to the UK

There were signs as early as 2025 that Harry was thinking seriously about what returning to Britain might mean for his family.

During the WellChild Awards that year, he spoke with British singer Joss Stone, who had moved her family back to the U.K. after living in Nashville.

Stone later told HELLO! that Harry had been particularly interested in hearing about her experience of coming home.

“He asked about how we were settling back in and was genuinely interested in our move home,” she recalled.

Stone said their conversation also turned to children, schools and the importance of having a strong community.

“He was saying how wonderful the schools are here and how important community is for children,” she said.

For Stone, those considerations had played a major role in her own decision to return, allowing her children to grow up surrounded by family, friends and a greater sense of belonging.

A major new chapter for Archie and Lilibet

The relocation will be particularly significant for Archie and Lilibet.

With both children reportedly set to attend school in Britain from September, the Sussexes will be establishing a much more substantial connection to the U.K. than they have maintained in recent years.

Harry and Meghan moved to the United States after announcing in 2020 that they would step away from their positions as senior working royals. They subsequently created a new family life in Montecito while pursuing independent charitable and commercial projects.

Their return does not undo that decision or restore their former royal roles.

Instead, the arrangement appears designed to give the Sussexes a British family base while preserving the independence they have maintained since leaving official royal life.

For Harry in particular, the move also comes after years of speaking openly about reconciliation. With Charles reportedly welcoming the opportunity for more private family contact, the Sussexes’ return could provide considerably more space for that relationship to develop.

Related Posts

WILLIAM & KATE’S MARRIAGE SECRET EXPOSED… The ONE Thing Keeping Them Strong! From the outside, Prince William and Princess Kate’s marriage may look like the picture of royal perfection—but behind the polished appearances, one factor is reportedly helping keep their relationship strong. The detail offers a revealing glimpse into the partnership behind one of the world’s most watched royal marriages. A powerful bond, a private rule and one surprisingly simple secret that may be holding William and Kate together.

The Prince and Princess of Wales have been happily married for 15 years, and their bond remains strong for one reason, claims expert. The Prince and Princess of…

JUST HOURS AGO — Edward & Sophie Break Cover After Their Son’s Big Life Move… And Their TIMING Has Royal Watchers LOOKING TWICE! Prince Edward and Duchess Sophie have made a notable public appearance shortly after a major new chapter began for their son, immediately drawing attention from royal watchers. Their timing has raised eyebrows, particularly as the couple appeared together just as fresh attention turned to their son’s future and the path he is now taking. A carefully timed appearance, a major family milestone—and one detail has left royal watchers wondering whether there was more behind their sudden outing.

The Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh were pictured in Birmingham on Thursday. The Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh made a new appearance today (Image: PA) The Duke and Duchess of…

‘They’re Bringing Archie and Lilibet Back!’ Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Set for Shocking U.K. Move With Their Children—As the Sussex Family’s Biggest Return Since Megxit Sends Royal Speculation Into Overdrive

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Set for Major UK Return With Archie and Lilibet Six Years After Royal Exit Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are preparing for their…

Princess Anne’s Retirement Plan ‘EXPOSED’… And Her Next Chapter Could Surprise Everyone! Princess Anne has spent decades earning a reputation as one of the hardest-working royals, rarely stepping away from her demanding schedule. But now, claims about what her retirement could eventually look like have sparked fresh intrigue, with one royal insider reportedly offering a glimpse of the life that could await her beyond official duties. After a lifetime of relentless royal work, Anne’s next chapter could look very different—and the woman behind the duty may finally get her moment

EXCLUSIVE: A former member of royal staff has revealed what he thinks Princess Anne’s retirement will be like. The Princess Royal is known as one of the hardest…

José Mourinho isn’t losing sleep after Real Madrid missed out on one of the summer’s biggest targets to Barcelona. Madrid made Rodri a major offer and Mourinho personally spoke with him twice — but the midfielder’s hesitation appears to have changed everything.

Mourinho: Real Madrid Can Cope Without Rodri After Barcelona Transfer José Mourinho believes Real Madrid can handle the loss of Rodri despite the club making what he described…

Is that marijuana? Charlamagne. Long before Craig Melvin became one of the biggest faces on Today, Charlamagne Tha God knew a VERY different version of him in South Carolina. One smell inside a nightclub was apparently enough to send the ultra-disciplined young Melvin “skedaddling” for the exit — leaving Jenna Bush Hager and Sheinelle Jones absolutely losing it years later. But that wasn’t even Charlamagne’s best throwback secret. He claims he still owns an embarrassing old photo of Craig that’s somehow WORSE than the infamous violin picture his Today coworkers already love teasing him about.

Charlamagne Tha God Reveals Hilarious Craig Melvin Throwback Story That Leaves ‘Today’ Hosts in Stitches Craig Melvin may now be one of the familiar faces of Today, but…